Monday, October 29, 2007

False hopes, false expectations

I expected that marriage is going to be fairy tale where my husband always cares about me and always comes to my rescue.

I thought that my husband was the most vulnerable man I've ever met and that we will understand each other and connect in a deep level.

I expected that because we are both disciples, we will put each other's interests above ourselves.

I expected that because I am a disciple, I can accept all situations whole heartedly and follow Jesus joyfully.

I expected that my husband will lead me spiritually and we will help each other become beter disciples.

I expected that we will both enjoy spending special times with God and praying long prayers to God.

I expected that it will be easy for me to become a stepmom and love my stepchild and her mom effortlessly.

I expected that God will give us victory for our every good, godly intention and goal.

I expected that I will overcome my struggles in a short period of time.

I expected that my husband has everything under control and will provide a roof above my head and our future family.

I expected that my husband is a good businessman who handles his finances well.

I expected that building friendships will be easy because we all belong to God's family.

I expected that life in the states will be more comfortable and our needs will be more easily met.

I expected that I will learn to adjust to changes easily because I have gone through so much in my life and have met a lot of people in my life.

I expected that because I am a disciple, my life will be blessed and my family will be blessed through my life.

No comments: